We are looking for a Head Sommelier for our signature French restaurant for a major luxury international hotel chain in Vietnam. It is a fantastic career move for the right individual.
The Head sommelier duty based at the Signature French Restaurant, this position overlooks at all Hotel Wine list, and all the creative wine dinners.
The hotel have wonderful customers and also the Hotel wine list is the best in Vietnam.
We are looking for a passionate professional, someone’s of the desire to transfer his passion and do it with grace and fun. We are searching for a fun personality, that can engage with joy on the floor.
The knowledge and the personality of the sommelier is the most important part. Package depend on experience. Expatriate package , housing allowance with yearly ticket, insurance etc…
- The Sommelier must have a great personality and be able to communicate with members and guests that might share different levels of wine knowledge and must be able to promote and grow the Wine Program.
- Advise the patrons according to their personal needs i.e. it can be related to their taste, the food and wine pairing, the occasion or the budget.
- Select wines, creating drink lists and manage stock.
- Build and maintain a wine list fitting the establishment he or she works for: right price, products, presentations, easy to use.
- Be in charge for training on wine and other beverages by conducting tastings.
- Be able to pass on knowledge and train the other staff
- Be responsible for ordering, receiving, inventory, organizing and selling wine for all departments
- Oversee all wine purchases and cost management
- Oversee the Wine Committee duties (minutes, wine of the month selection, introduction of new vendors, wineries, etc.)
- Assist members and guests during the dinner service with wine recommendations and selection for perfect pairing with their dinner, decanting of the wine and wine service
- Develop a training program for all Team Members to improve their knowledge of wine tasting and wine service.
- Work experience in a similar role in a five-star hotel or high quality restaurant
- A Diploma in hospitality management is preferred
- Good problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about F&B and customer service, outstanding communication skills, outgoing personality
- A strong knowledge of food and beverage pairings
- Solid understanding of pricing, budgets and cost controls
WhatsApp:(+1) 647 575 9187